Software Engineer, Full Stack
At GovPredict, we build products that make government more transparent and politics more efficient. Our clients count on our product to deliver timely information about political activity and manage their advocates to win their public affairs campaigns.
GovPredict's intelligence platform gives public affairs and political professionals access to millions of structured documents that concern federal, state, and local politics. An integrated grassroots platform supports advocacy campaigns to influence legislative and regulatory proposals. Our campaign contributions database is the largest in the world.
Our clients span many categories: associations like the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and the Farm Credit Council, Fortune 500 companies like Fox Corporation, educational institutions like the University of Pennsylvania, and various political campaigns, parties, & Congressional offices from both sides of the aisle.
GovPredict is headquartered in Washington, DC. We also have offices in Chișinău, Moldova and Belo Horizonte, Brazil. We're growing fast and backed by Y Combinator and Joe Lonsdale, among others. Our friendly and hard-working team hopes to welcome you onboard!
Our Tech Stack
Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, Python scrapers, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Elastic Search, AWS, RabbitMQ, Terraform, and Ansible.
About the Job
As a Software Engineer working at GovPredict, you will write code on Ruby on Rails, ReactJS or Python to power many of our products. You'll build new products we're launching as well as upgrade and maintain our current suite of products. You'll also work across teams with our data team when you are integrating a new data source into the platform. Even though we're a fast-moving startup, we still have the resources like a dedicated dev-ops team, designers, and product managers to help you focus purely on coding. That said, our engineers still have a strong influence on product direction.
More generally, as an engineer at GovPredict, you will participate in many parts of the engineering organization as it grows and as you grow as a member of our team. We ask our engineers to not only write code but to help us improve the organization, proposing new solutions and innovations. You will provide feedback on engineering operations, weigh in on architecture decisions, interview new candidates, and help make GP a place you love to work at.
We are hiring all levels of engineers - from junior to manager - so don't be shy if you think you're under or over qualified for the role. We'll tailor the interview difficulty and evaluation process to the level you self-report.
- Able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Can work full-time from our office in Chisinau
- Strong technical background -- degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Comfortable with automated software testing
- Experience building complex software for real users -- we're open to people with different technical background
- Eager to learn new things and apply them quickly
- Ability to learn from more senior team members and guide more junior team members constructively
- Smart team: Work amongst other strong developers that you can learn from
- Office: If you live in Chisinau, you can work from our office filled with friendly people
- New Technology: We stay up-to-date on new technology and readily employ it in new projects
- New Data: Work with new data sources that no one else has worked with
- Mentorship: We believe strongly in leveling up our team members through mentorship and will help you learn and become better as an engineer
- Move Fast: Our team builds really fast and launches new projects all the time. It's a fun environment to work in where you'll never be bored
- Friendly Team: Our team members take the team commitment seriously and will go out of their way to help you accomplish your tasks
- Team Building: Every year, our entire development team goes to a new city to meet each other, do some work, and have a lot of fun together
- Challenging & Interesting Tasks: We have a lot of complex tasks that are a lot of fun to solve