The incumbent provides security for Embassy personnel and facilities by conducting access control and visitor screening duties as a member of a local guard program. Prevents unauthorized access, protect life, maintain order, deter criminal attacks against employees, dependents and property and terrorist acts against all U.S. assets, and prevent damage to Government property.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: No prior working experience is required.
- Education Requirements: Completion of secondary education, high school diploma or the local equivalent.
- Language: LANGUAGE: Level II (Limited Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Romanian is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Russian is required. (This may be tested.)
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand the security control panel and to operate emergency alarms and the public address system.
- Ability to use state-of-the-art security and radio communication equipment.
- Ability to use Automated External Defibrillator.
- Ability to use fire extinguisher.
- Ability to use personal protective equipment (i.e. batons, pepper spray, handcuffs, and flexi cuffs, etc.).
- Ability to walk and/or stand in a wide variety of weather conditions for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work flexible shift schedules, to include nights, days, weekends, and/or holidays.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.