International MSME Banking Expert
Do you have in-depth experience in providing banking services to micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs)? Do you know how to get ahead of the competition? Do you understand the power of a well-motivated and well-equipped team? Do you feel you’ve done it all and are looking for your next big challenge? We can offer that and more!
We are Business & Finance Consulting (www.bfconsulting.com), an international consulting company specialised in establishing and upgrading MSME banking services in emerging markets. With more than 140 staff, we have been working with well-known development banks and international donors for over 17 years in more than 70 countries in the NIS, Eastern Europe, Asia and Africa.
Does this sound interesting to you? Then our newly-opened vacancy for the full-time permanent position of International MSME Banking Expert might be the right next career step for you. Come and join our dynamic team!
Location: Any (remote work), with the possibility of travel
Type: Full time (8 hours/day, Monday to Friday)
We look for individuals who have at least 5 years of banking experience, including:
• At least 3 years in a head office position, with at least 1 year in middle management position
• Experience working as a full-time bank employee within the last 3 years
• Strong experience with MSME segments, especially in the lending business
• Experience with corporate or retail business is an advantage
• Work experience at market leaders or international banks is an advantage
Your specific experience should include:
• Business development, operational business planning, setting KPIs and budgeting
• Hiring, training, motivating and leading staff
• Sales and delivery channel management
• Development and improvement of lending and non-lending financial products
• Knowledge of trade finance products is an advantage
• Credit analysis, credit risk assessment and underwriting, especially in the MSME segment
• Experience with the agricultural customer segment is an advantage
• Business process optimization, including costing analysis and cost optimization exercises
• Digitalization and automation of business processes, particularly credit process workflows
• Working with CRM systems, loan origination systems and scoring-based online lending
• Data analysis, particularly experience with big data and management reporting/dashboards
• Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills
• Knowledge of VBA and/or Power BI (or similar analytical tools) is a strong advantage
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Russian
• Strong writing skills
• Flexibility to travel and spend >50% of your time out of your home country
In this position, you will:
• Conduct diagnostic assessments of project partner financial institutions (PFIs)
• Identify improvement potential, including developing concepts and project implementation plans
• Develop internal procedures and tools for PFIs on the aforementioned areas
• Support the implementation of recommendations in cooperation with PFI teams
• Conduct effective training sessions and workshops
• Write regular reports on project progress and impact
By helping us transfer knowledge to PFIs, you can effectively contribute to making financial services more accessible to MSMEs and agricultural enterprises as well as improving the livelihoods of people around the world.
We offer a unique international consulting experience and invite you to join our dynamic, diverse and highly-experienced global team.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com . For details on the application process, please visit us online at https://bfconsulting.com/careers/
Applications are assessed as they are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your application!