As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie has 154 logistic platforms and is active in 30 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 12.000 people.
CAD Operator tasks in the Project team
Work closely with Designers, Drafters, and Engineers to ensure coordination design effort is maintained.
Complete project responsibilities within scope and schedule.
Review drawings for completeness and accuracy.
Maintain all revisions of project drawings.
Update and maintain drafting log.
Develop 3D models by analyzing prototypes and 2D drawings.
Examine and check engineering drawings for compliance with cited specifications.
Provide timely technical assistance and solutions to the team.
CAD Operator Job Description Almost every structure that is built begins with a drawing, and the job description of a CAD operator calls for drawing the guidelines and technical details for building structures. Such an operator typically works with engineers and architects to produce plans and drawings for a structure scheduled to be built.
1. Position Description
A CAD operator, also known as a drafter, uses computer-aided design or CAD systems to make drawings and blueprints which can be used in building designs, machinery designs, landscape designs and anything else that requires a design prior to being constructed
2. Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a CAD Operator
- Understands the equations, calculations and written instructions from designers and engineers before beginning a CAD drawing.
- Uses special notations and symbols to give instructions on drawings and blueprints.
- Revises drawings based on instructions from engineers or architects.
- Determines impact of site requirements and building codes before doing drawings or blueprints.
- Visits building sites to collect data for drawings.
- Consults with clients to understand their instructions and to answer their questions.
- Reviews engineering data to ensure compliance with the original design plans.
- Modifies existing drawings.
- Draws illustrations of mechanical systems for manuals.
- Meets all deadlines.
- Stores drawings electronically for later use.
- Programs drawings into manufacturing systems.
3. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must possess a talent for drawing.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Knowledgeable of building codes.
- Must have knowledge of architectural terminology.
- Knowledgeable of drafting software for creating 2D and 3D computer drawings.
- Must be able to work with very little supervision.
4. Education and Experience
- master’s degree in Computer Technology design, mechanical Engineering with good knowledge of electrical installations.
- Continuing education courses on new CAD technology as it emerges.
- Good communication knowledge of English (verbally as well as writing), French is an assed.
5. Work Environment
- Time is spent looking at a computer screen, keyboarding and using a mouse.
- Must be able to travel to Belgium for training and education programs.
- Must be able to work under pressure, particularly when faced with a tight deadline.
- Must be able to work normal hours of Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm, but also be willing to work overtime when necessary..
- challenging job with a lot of variety and future in a fast growing dynamic company with a no-nonsense corporate culture
- competitive salary according to knowledge and experience
Our office is located in Chişinău, str.Independenţei 26/3, Business Center Euro Tower
If you qualify to our requirements, please submit your CV in English to: email@example.com