Back-End Software Engineer – Healthcare (Remote)
Your enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge are what pulls you out of bed in the morning. You’re looking for a career opportunity that allows you to prove yourself and your skills, day after day. You want your experience and capabilities to have a life-changing impact on other people. You are the (Senior) Backend Software Engineer we are looking for.
ORTEC Healthcare is leveraging data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning and cutting-edge techniques to push the healthcare industry to the next level. We develop software applications for medical care and (bio)medical research: clinical decision-making tools, medical workflow support and applications for scientific research. These applications cover a broad area of medicine, e.g. cardiovascular medicine (most notably U-Prevent), oncology, lung disease and various other disciplines (e.g. rheumatology, pregnancy, toxicological prediction models).
The Healthcare platform has been written from scratch using modern architecture techniques like microservices, CQRS and event sourcing. We use DDD (domain-driven design) to get a thought-through domain model that closely models the business and provides us with a functional decomposition that maps to decoupled services. We use Angular and Typescript for frontend development and C# for backend development. Our platform is a multi-tenant SaaS product built using the PaaS services of Azure.
Who you are:
As our (Senior) Backend Software Engineer you are intrinsically motivated and you thrive when given autonomy, even more so, you take charge and ownership in your work. We want you to challenge us by sharing your thoughts and with that, as a team, we will come to the right solution. You love to challenge yourself and to keep learning.
Furthermore, you have/are:
- At least 5 years working experience in this field;
- Experienced in designing software, e.g. know what design patterns and SOLID are and know how to write a technical design;
- Experience with Microsoft stack: .NET 4.7, C# 7.0, LINQ;
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud (e. g. services like App Service, Service Bus, Web Jobs, Application Insights, Storage, Azure SQL, etc.)
- Used to working with agile software development, code reviews, unit testing, UI testing, continuous integration/deployment;
- Experience with or strong interest in Domain-driven design, Event sourcing, CQRS, Sagas & eventual consistency;
- It’s a pre (but not essential) if you have experience with NET Web API, SignalR, Entity Framework 6, Automapper 6, Owin, Ninject, TeamCity, SpecFlow, Selenium and with frontend technology such as Angular 1.6, Bootstrap 4, Typescript 1.8, bower, grunt, node.
What we offer:
- Great opportunities to develop yourself (clear career paths, yearly evaluations and increases, job rotation program)
- Annual bonus based on team’s accomplishments – up to 1 full salary;
- Additional vacation days based on years at ORTEC;
- An open and friendly work environment with a great location, new and easy to access office building;
- Relaxation areas, daily fruits delivery, foosball table, our own bar the ”ORTap”
- On-site chair massage;
- Events: Annual teambuilding, Christmas party, monthly ORTEC Sports Day;
- ORTEC is implementing a Work from Anywhere policy that combines the benefits from the past as well as the learnings from the present;
- Sports benefits offered in collaboration with the network 7card;
- “Bookster “subscription;
- Fun quizzes, cooking sessions, coffee calls with colleagues and much more creativity in this new world we are all adjusting to.
What to expect:
We will help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging, practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate in a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 800 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark and Singapore.
Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients’ experiences.