Software Developer - Backend
Index is a UK-based company with an operational office in Chisinau that helps leading companies like GoEuro, Vodafone, Venly, YC startups, and 100 more companies, scale their engineering team by finding outstanding talent.
Here are some reviews from our teammates on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Index-dev-Reviews-E3119481.htm
At Index, we’re always looking for the next generation of innovative thinkers and achievers to drive our business forward. When you join Index, you join a diverse, global community where innovative ideas flourish. We are growing fast and have the vision of building the leading software development company in the world. If you are up for the challenge, we want you to join us!
If you match the following principles, then you are the type of person who will be successful and help our company thrive. We expect you to do what you say you're going to do and be accountable for your actions. In other words, live “Above Average.”
If you're ready for this level of performance, you are most welcome to join our rocket ship.
You would make an ideal candidate for our company if you are willing to commit to the following:
Above Average Principles:
- Accountability. See It, Own It, Solve It, Do It. Become part of the solution; We expect you to have personal ownership and pride;
- Empathy. Respect for others and their feelings; Show others that you care;
- Extra-Mile. Ask the question: “What else can I do?”; Reject average, good to pass by;
- Extra Smile. We look to the positive side in every situation. We love what we do every day. Ask the question: “What is good in this?”
- Constant Learner. As constant learners, one of our tasks is reading a book per month. Ask the questions: “What coaching do you have for me?” and “What can I do better?”; What is the learning here?
- Make an impact. Give before you ask. Be always, happy to help;
We are building a marketplace of remote talent, powered by technology that helps source, vet and match top engineers with available jobs.
⦁ Writing and implementing efficient code.
⦁ Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs.
⦁ Testing and evaluating new programs.
⦁ Develop and maintain the firm’s bespoke software. Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications.
⦁ Enhance integration with other technology platforms.
- Curious and active learner
- Knowledge or Experience in Ruby (3.0.1)
- Knowledge or Experience in Rails (6.1.3)
- Knowledge or Experience in PostgreSQL(13)
- Knowledge or Experience in docker(basic level)
- Knowledge or Experience inGit
- Knowledge or Experience in Postman (for documenting the APIs)
- Top-level responsibility
- B2 minimum level of English language
- Remote experience is an advantage
Why you should apply?
- Work in an international environment;
- Opportunity for self-realization and professional growth;
- Work in a team of experienced co-workers;
- Private 70,000 MDL Health Insurance;
- Sport allowance 25 USD/month;
- 500 USD learning stipend of certifications, conferences, and training courses;
- Long term employment, fully covering social package;
- Possibility to work remote;
Index helps leading companies scale their engineering team. Our mission is to empower every organization on the planet with outstanding talent.