Salt Edge is one of the most prominent fintech service providers, connected to over 3000 banks in over 60 countries. Salt Edge's clients vary from large banks to credit bureaus, lenders and fintechs spread across continents, having offices in Americas (Toronto) and Europe (London). Salt Edge is looking to cover more countries by expanding to other regions, including Asia and Australia.
We’re looking only for the best people, interested to become experts in their own field, get familiar with the startup culture and contribute to a better financial world and services.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
What you’ll do:
- Participate in code reviews with teams;
- Develop complex features with strict quality standards;
- Improve performance of high load projects;
- Work with multiple teams on multiple projects;
- Help teams scale the infrastructure.
What you need to be successful:
- Knowledge of industry trends (new technologies, solutions, approaches, etc.) and their applicability to a stack;
- Advanced debugging skills;
- Own the design of projects of moderate complexity and is understanding of the tradeoffs in the area;
- Contributes to coding standards in the team and the tools used throughout the company;
- Communicate technical decisions through documents and tech talks;
- Work well across functions and teams as necessary;
- Identify and proposes strategies around technical problems (including buying solutions);
- Solid Ruby and Ruby or Rails knowledge;
- Knowledge of Ruby Style Guide, Design Patterns, Refactoring Patterns, HTTP protocol, debugging tools and techniques;
- Experience in building a RESTful API, High-Available and Scalable Applications;
- Experience in working in Unix/Linux environments;
- Experience in testing (rspec, capybara, mocha, jasmine etc);
- Experience in working with GIT;
- A proven track record of developing web applications.
You’ll love it because we offer:
- Passionate leadership committed to your career success;
- Full training and mentorship during trial period;
- Work together with a young and highly motivated team to make the financial system more open and user-friendly;
- Receive challenging and interesting issues;
- In addition to basic official salary, with all the social benefits and paid annual vacation, you get additional performance-based bonuses, valuable ideas and additional paid overtime;
- Get to participate at international FinTech and topic-related conferences;
- Rotation between different projects to grow professionally and gain new experience;
- The working schedule is: Monday - Friday, either 9:00 - 18:00 or 10:00 - 19:00;
- Take a break and play Ping Pong;
- Friday happy hour: table games, movies;
- Free internal English courses;
- Catered lunches, free snacks and beverages.
Projects in development:
- Account Aggregation and Data Enrichment API Service with high load (hundreds of requests per second);
- Ruby services (web scraping, third party APIs consuming, parsing files);
- CRM built on Rails;
- Categorization, Merchant Identification and Credit scoring services (data analysis)
- PSD2 compliance solution (Android, iOS, Web applications).
- Personal finance manager (White label banking solution): iOS and Android mobile applications, Ruby on Rails web service.
P.S. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Salt Edge is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.