QA Engineer (Automation + Manual)
At GovPredict, we build products that make government more transparent and politics more efficient. Our clients count on our product to deliver timely information about political activity and manage their advocates so that they can win their public affairs campaigns.
Existing solutions for public affairs are bulky. Trying to tie together independent fly-in apps, data solutions and CRM is time consuming. We’ve brought all of the most important solutions together into a single platform for public affairs campaigns, so our clients can focus all of their time on what matters.
GovPredict's intelligence platform gives public affairs and politicalprofessionals access to millions of structured documents that concern federal, state, and local politics. An integrated grassroots platform supports advocacy campaigns to influence legislative and regulatory proposals. Our largest campaign contributions database is the largest in the world.
Our clients span many categories: associations like the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and the Farm Credit Council, Fortune 500 companies like 21st Century Fox, educational institutions like the University of Pennsylvania, and various political campaigns, parties, & Congressional offices from both sides of the aisle.
GovPredict's headquarters are in Washington, DC where we have our business development team. Our product team works in distributed fashion all around the world with some of the team working from our office in Chișinău, Moldova.
We're growing fast and backed by Y Combinator and Joe Lonsdale, among others.
Our Tech Stack
Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, Python scrapers, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Elastic Search, AWS, RabbitMQ, Terraform, and Ansible.
- Responsible for testing our website and mobile app launches in pre and post production environments
- Manually test product for bugs and usability
- Write automated tests in Ruby and RSpec in our test suite
- Working alongside engineering team in Moldova and remote
- Report to software development team leads
- Success is determined by how few bugs we ship to our users
- 2+ years working as a QA Engineer in automation
- Broad knowledge of best practices in automation and manual QA
- Experience working with tools like TestRail, Zephyr, JIRA, or other similar QA workflow tools
- Knowledge of at least one programming language and automated testing framework
- Experience testing complex software
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Like to follow processes and improve them when needed
- Able to communicate effectively through spoken and written English
- Eager to learn new things and apply them quickly
- Can commit to working full-time from Chisinau or Belo Horizonte
- Smart team: Work amongst other strong developers that you can learn from
- Office: A centrally located office filled with friendly people
- New Technology: We stay up-to-date on new technology and readily employ it in new projects
- New Data: Work with new data sources that no one else has worked with
- Mentorship: We believe strongly in leveling up our team members through mentorship and will help you learn and become better as an engineer
- Move Fast: Our team builds really fast and launches new projects all the time. It's a fun environment to work in where you'll never be bored
- Friendly Team: Our team members take the team commitment seriously and will go out of their way to help you accomplish your tasks
- Team Building: Every year, our entire development team goes to a new city to meet each other, do some work, and have a lot of fun together
- Challenging & Interesting Tasks: We have a lot of complex tasks that are a lot of fun to solve