Project Manager- Moldova
NiN Project Manager- Moldova
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Moldova Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Project Manager - Moldova.
The Project Manager, reporting to the Operations Director (or in charge), will provide overall leadership and management to the implementation of the project. The project manager will have responsibility for day to day implementation of the project and provide direction of the project for both WV direct implementations and partners to achieve results-based set outputs and outcomes, management of project budget to ensure timely expenditure, reporting, and compliance with donor regulations.
The position will have key responsibilities of ensuring high quality implementation of all project activities, grant management according to donor requirements and international accounting standards, timely donor and other stakeholder reporting, capacity building of staff & partners, representation of World Vision in key meetings with the donor, Support Office or relevant government line ministries .The Manager will also be accountable for delivering all project results and technical leadership for the outcomes within the response projects.
Project Implementation and planning
- Coordinate with Operations Director (or in charge), programmes, sector leads, finance, and administration staff to ensure operational systems are in place to support field activities.
- Timely completion of annual work plans, reports and ensure grant management compliance for the WV project in alignment with donor and WV regulations.
- Engage directly with partners, local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders in regards to the project planning and implementation.
- Prepare and submit output reports and overall performance progress reports detailing achievements against plans and variance on a regular basis in liaison to programs and MEAL.
- Take lead in coordination and communication within team members as a means to effectively achieve program objectives
- Establish and maintain effective project management tools for implementation, work plan management, procurement, budget management and spending planning, quality assurance monitoring, beneficiary accountability, and programmatic and financial reporting.
- Develop project Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs), procurement plans and purchase requisitions for the project.
- Work closely with procurement and logistic to make sure project materials are procured and delivered to project sites in a timely manner to meet the project objectives.
- Work with other Technical Advisors, Field Supervisors and MEAL to ensure timely, high quality project implementation, reviews and oversight.
- Supervise the project officers to ensure timely implementation of activities and attainment of set outputs, expenditure and management of burn rate.
- Work with programs & technical advisors to review the project design and budget revision requests if necessary.
- Attend relevant cluster meeting if necessary and any other ad-hoc external meetings to ensure effective coordination and networking with other governmental authorities and other agencies working in the relevant sector.
- Support capacity of partners based on needs identified through capacity assessment;
- Encourage cooperation and ensure coordination of plans and activities between implementing partners and project stakeholders;
- Making pro-active efforts to improve quality of implementation based on reflections and learnings;
Staff Supervision and Management
- Demonstrate World Vision’s core values, vision and mission in all aspects of the role.
- Recruit, together with P&C, technical advisors all key project staff for protection, education and mental health.
- Develop and maintain an adequate human resource plan consistent with WV & donor policies/requirements in line with local laws and ensure proper technical and operational capacity of staff to manage and implement project initiatives
- Enhance the capacity of project staff to provide quality implementation of the project by building capacity through off the job, on job trainings and mentorship as well as performance management
- Conduct continuous & quarterly reviews of staff performance in line with WVs performance management system, availing opportunities for staff feedback
- Work with finance to generate project budgets ensuring that all key areas are adequately budgeted for in order to achieve the set targets/goals.
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and WV SO.
- Work closely with Finance Manager to ensure grant/project compliance and project expenditures are reasonable, allocable, and prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure compliance with external audit.
- Track project expenditure and reporting.
- Keep control of cash flow and develop spending plan to ensure due budget management;
Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management
- Work closely with MEAL to ensure M and E frameworks of the projects are in place and used to guide project implementation.
- Develop and maintain effective project quality assurance mechanisms, including monitoring system for tracking of project progress against indicators, activities and key project milestones, reporting, evaluation, and communication systems
- Conduct routine visits to project sites for purposes of project support, monitoring ensuring that implementation is per approved DIP.
- Organise and facilitate regular project review meetings with project staff to review progress and quality of activity implementation and ascertain that protocols & guidelines as well as international minimum SPHERE standards as provided are met.
- Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements
- Work closely with MEAL and other technical managers to develop tools for monitoring, reporting, documentation and knowledge management, including establishment of standard tools and systems for documentation and information sharing of project progress, best practices, lessons learnt and success stories.
Donor and SO Relations
- Submit quality programme reports for Donors and other stakeholders to programs within set timelines.
- Actively participate in coordination meetings at both county and national or sub cluster level where key issues related to the project interventions are discussed.
- Support programs with regards to SO engagements on project operational issues during the implementation phase and close out.
- Work with the partnering unit, Filed Supervisors & technical specialists to identify the right partners to work with in the specific projects.
- Identify capacity gaps amongst partners, draw up a capacity enhancement plan and facilitate their training by relevant units/sectors
- Maintain open communication with partner agencies, other INGO’s, and other UN agencies and other relevant external partners regarding project initiatives for enhanced coordination in areas of mutual interest,
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Strong experience in grant management, managing staff, partners and facilitating capacity building
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to manage work life without supervision
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Ability to scan the environment and adapt quickly to the needs or come up with suitable options.
- Able to use a computer, with word-processing and spreadsheets, (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Education, Nutrition and Food Science or Public Health preferred;
- Strong experience in project/programme management and/or grants management is desirable;
- Master’s degree in management or any other related field preferred.
- Experience in Child Protection, MHPSS and Education in Emergency programming a must.
- 3-5 years proven experience in emergency programming or development with at least 2 years of that experience in project management
- Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically to project sites up to 30% of the time.
- Physical Requirements:
- Full time job during the duration of the contract.
- Language Requirements:
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Moldovan/Russian language a must.
- Ukrainian language an added advantage
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only Local Applicants Only
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Project-Manager_R14049
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 4 February 2023.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks