Portuguese Payroll Specialist
Are you interested in a fast-growing business environment and have a drive for success? Are you hoping to gain valuable experience surrounded by motivated and passionate coworkers?
At Safeguard Global, our vision is to forever transform the way people work around the world. We are a leading Business Solutions company on a mission to equip our clients to adapt to an ever-shifting global market. With over 900 clients and across 15 global offices, we enable organizations to hire, onboard and pay employees in more than 189 countries. Whether it is helping companies become multi-national powerhouses or taking care of payroll for organizations as they expand, Safeguard Global is here to help.
As a member of our team, you will have an opportunity to work alongside driven and dedicated individuals while prioritizing client service. From communicating with our global clients, processing client payroll, to day-to-day query management, you will gain an incredible amount of experience and further your own professional abilities through this position. Our team is committed to providing a high-quality work environment that promotes success and team unit.
The role in a Nutshell:
- To manage all the work processes related to the clients’ payroll processing.
- To act as an escalation point for both colleagues and clients by bringing the required expertise. To be the main representative and first point of contact for the external clients’ queries with regards to payroll related matters.
How you will make a difference:
- Has presentation abilities enough to explain payroll/HR legal aspects to peers and clients and find solutions for specific payroll/HR related issues.
- Sets up run schedules for payroll
- Assists in coordination of activities relative to payroll processes and procedures
- Assists in monitoring communication to ensure timeliness and responsiveness to inquiries
- May serve as a primary contact for payroll issues including research, resolution and processing; maintaining issues spreadsheet
- May serve as primary contact for payroll tax filing and reconciliation and primary contact for payroll tax exemptions including foreign nationals and other exemptions.
What will give you an advantage:
- some experience in any financial arrea
- Fluent English, both written and verbal; Portuguesse considered a plus
- Experience of payroll processing in local payroll legislation, considered a plus
Why become a Guardian:
- International Environment: Our teams are borderless. Interact, collaborate, discover cultures, and expand your personal network beyond your country.
- Our Culture: We are nurturing a workplace where everything you do is in harmony with who you are. Where your ideas will always find their way to our leaders, and your contribution recognized.
- Autonomy & Flexibility (Work in Any Way): As a fellow Guardian, you will decide when, how and where you work best. We value results, not working hours.
- Learning: Even though perfection is impossible to reach, we support everyone striving towards it by providing you access to 2 learning platforms. Learn at your own pace, as much and whatever you need.
- Valuable Experience: Wherever you go, challenges will await you. At Safeguard Global you will find the “right” challenges to hone you into the ultimate professional.
At Safeguard Global, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and Guardians.