Local STEM Manager (Tekwill Comrat)
About Tekwill UTA Gagauzia:
In 2019-2020 Tekwill project carried out a feasibility study covering in depth information about the regions, their potential, their interests, their co-financing capacity. The feasibility study had the objective to support Tekwill three-year program for the development of ICT Excellence Centers in various regions across Moldova. These ICTECs are expected to extend the success of Tekwill center in Chisinau, launched in 2017, which contributes to the development of labor force and strengthening innovative companies and start-ups in the selected regions.
Prior to commence the investment phase the management of the project carried out a 360-degree analysis to be confident that every specific region has enough people and sufficient quality of their basic education to effectively absorb programs to be offered through regional excellence centers. In addition, Tekwill project team assessed existing and prospecting demand for educated ICT professionals in the regions, seeking for regional partners selected to operate the excellence centers, each operational model being designed to ensure the center’s financial sustainability and return on investments done.
Based on the results of the regional assessment feasibility study Tekwill sent open invitation to the Moldovan regional authorities looking to identify their interest in supporting Tekwill's education and business development programs in their regions. In response to the open call the ATU Gagauzia authorities expressed their interest in supporting Tekwill programs in its region.
In this context, on March 5, 2021, was signed the Memorandum of Understanding between the Executive Committee of ATU Gagauzia and ATIC/Tekwill on implementation of Tekwill programs and development of Tekwill-type ICT Excellence Center in Comrat.
The Tekwill-type ICTEC Comrat will be a public-private partnership between ATIC/Tekwill, Academia, Private companies, ATU Gagauzia Executive Committee and Donors, and is planned to open its doors in Autumn 2021.
ATIC/Tekwill will contribute to the ICTEC in Comrat by deploying the Tekwill programs aimed at stimulating IT training and entrepreneurship, such as: Tekwill in Every School initiative, Tekwill Academy Kids, Tekwill Academy, Startup Academy, Startup Moldova Digital Upgrade, and with investments in equipping the ICTEC in the field of IT.
Local STEM Manager’s Objective:
The main role of the Local STEM Manager (ATU Gagauzia) will be implementation of the Tekwill programs in ATU Gagauzia, in coordination with the Tekwill Chisinau Center (head office), he/her will focus primarily on planning, organizing, and successfully executing a thoughtful, inclusive, and vibrant implementation of Tekwill programs in the region (Tekwill Academy, Startup Academy, Tekwill Academy Kids, Tekwill in Every School, etc).
• Develop annual regional implementation plans in compliance with the Tekwill Project’s Scope of Work and with the coordination with the Senior Project Coordinator;
• Plan and schedule the implementation of education activities approved in the annual implementation plans, including but not limited to, enumerating rosters of necessary experts, identifying subcontractor mechanisms to accomplish goals, anticipating events and other necessary means of sharing information and knowledge, and gaining the approval of the Senior Project Coordinator and donors regarding such plans and schedules;
• Report on Educational Programs development activities in accordance with the formal reporting requirements of the Project;
• Implement the strategic and long-term direction of the project;
• Coordinate and communicate with the relevant local level authorities to integrate educational programs into the official curricula;
• Maintain close communication with all local partners, stakeholders, and beneficiaries.
• Implementation of the project activities aimed at development of IT education in the region, including but not limited to educational programs, activities, practical work projects in accordance with market needs;
• Supervise, monitor, and manage implementation of programs planned, scheduled, and approved, including, but not limited to, drafting of scopes of work, drafting of terms of reference, guiding, and directing the work of consultants, implementing partners and volunteers, managing implementation so that it proceeds smoothly and according to schedule related to the regional context;
• Report regularly to the Senior Project Coordinator and to the Regional Development Manager regarding decisions to be made, activities undertaken, and progress;
• Coordinate with other team members to make sure messaging is appropriate, professional, effective, and executed in accordance with the Project Scope and USAID/Sweden guidelines, and with project needs for continual knowledge and information sharing.
- Master’s degree in one of the following fields (or related to): Business, Economics, IT or Management, and other fields that are relevant to managing a large educational project.
- At least five years of professional experience. At least three years of managerial experience, experience of working with educational projects and/or knowledge is an advantage.
- Language Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian/Russian and English is required.
Working knowledge of internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and collaborative platforms.
• High communication skills and proactivity;
• Result oriented, fast learning and open for new challenges;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and multicultural environment, both in a team and independently;
• Mature and positive attitude, with strong sense of quality.
The Local STEM Manager will report to the Senior Project Coordinator and to the Regional Development Manager. As teamwork is crucial to the success of the project, the Local STEM Manager will also align and coordinate work with the local (ATU Gagauzia) team and other staff, as per direction from the Senior Project Coordinator.
Place of performance:
The Local STEM Manager will perform his/her duties in ATU Gagauzia, Republic of Moldova.
Period of performance:
The assignment will begin on/about June 2021-June 2022.
Interested candidates shall submit CV and motivation letter, in English, by June 18, 2021 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org . The subject of the email will include the following information: Name/Surname/ Local STEM Manager Tekwill ICTEC Comrat”.