Junior RoR Developer
- Churn out clean, readable code;
- Create and improve the business/analytics logic of internal and external projects;
- Improve the interaction between Application and Database though simple complexity SQL queries;
- Perform simple and well-scoped frontend tasks for improvement of admin panels.
- Basic programming fundamentals knowledge (OO Programming, Ruby, Linux, Bash, Git, Database Concepts);
- Basic knowledge of Ruby on Rails framework (ActiveRecord, MVC, ERB/Haml, API, JSON);
- Basic knowledge of frontend frameworks (Backbone), HTML (HAML), JS (CoffeeScript), CSS (bootstrap);
- YKnowledge of relational database systems (MySql, Postgresql) and ability to build simple complexity SQL queries;
- To be attentive and a quick learner, ready to dive into project details.
Note! Don't worry if you don't speak Ruby. If you have experience in web development with any other Object-Oriented Programming languages (e.g. PHP/Python/C#), you are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of how web application architecture works, its components;
- Basic knowledge of background jobs;
- Basic knowledge of rspec and capybara (ability to write basic unit and feature tests).
- Focus on code quality with 90%+ test coverage and thorough code reviews;
- End 2 End testing;
- Proactive availability and performance monitoring with dashboards and alerts;
- Internal presentations, wiki and chat room.
We offer you:
- Growth opportunities, development plan, and an expert mentor to help you get started;
- Full training and peer-to-peer feedback every step of the way;
- 100% net official salary, performance-based and yearly bonuses, paid overtime;
- Apart from vacations & paid holidays, you get half a day off on your birthday;
- Comfortable schedule, both earlier and later hours: 9:00 - 18:00 or 10:00 - 19:00 (Monday - Friday);
- Remote work available for up to half a month;
- 100% salary during illness;
- Periodic internal presentations on different topics: technical, business, HR, etc.
- Care package: catered lunches, tasty snacks, beverages + gym discounts to help burn the treats off;
- Friendly and open culture: regular team events, happy hours, team buildings + various corporate traditions;
- An environment where you are valued and supported!
P.S. Lack of confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. We'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Salt Edge is a place where everyone can grow. Whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
To become part of Salt Edge crew, send your CV in English at email@example.com Perhaps you’re our new teammate? :)