HR-Consulting (www.search4staff.com) on behalf of its client, is looking for a highly professional candidate to fulfill the position of:
Import Export Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its operations in Moldova.
The Import-Export Officer is responsible for ensuring that all imported, exported and in-transit goods are moved according to sound practices.
- Internally, interacts with logistics staff and related departments within the delegation, and with technical references at regional level or headquarters.
- Externally, develops and maintains working relationships with suppliers, customs officers and other authorities, UN agencies, NGOs and other contacts related to their work.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct.
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times.
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times.
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers.
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC.
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
- Obtains exemptions from national or regional authorities for goods that the ICRC imports.
- Receives and expedites freight out of the country or region of assignment in collaboration with external commercial partners.
- Is responsible for following up on, filing and archiving import-export documents.
- Ensures that records on bond data are available and up to date.
- Verifies invoices (from customs, freight-forwarders, etc.) and submits them to supervisors and/or department staff.
- Reports problems and irregularities in import-export activities; reports security issues.
- Works with logisticians to handle claims.
- Takes part in selecting external logistics providers (freight forwarders and carriers).
- Ensures that the latest customs regulations are communicated and applied.
How to Apply:
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development
Interested candidates may send CVs to HR-Consulting (www.search4staff.com) email address: email@example.com;
Please, indicate the relevant vacancy code ImEx
in the subject line or resume.
For more information, please call: +373 68898408
The successful candidate will undergo a three months probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).