Editor & Writer in Education (English. No experience required!)
We are a team of education enthusiasts forming an excellent training department at Kivork! We like to teach, we like to study, we like to think, debate and understand the essence of things!
We use the independent online learning method and interactive animated videos to reach thousands of people with fun, crystal clear and memorable educational materials. We like to combine education with art!
As a team, we like to have fun and share ideas.We celebrate every birthday and we appreciate each other!
- You LOVE texts, reading - writing and editing and all of them at the same time!
- You would enjoy writing out simple and engaging explanations, toying with a sentence to make it better, clearer, nicer! You like structuring information, defining it, giving it cool titles!
- You like ordering everything into neat, pleasant little systems, nice little graphs, tables and lists! Maybe you even like spreadsheets!
1. Proofread texts: Go through texts & correct mistakes, typos, weird-sounding phrases & bad vocab use, to make sure that the material is mistake-free!
2. Write texts: get a topic and write about it yourself! Educate your audience!
3. Edit texts: replace existing explanations with better-formulated, clever alternatives that you come up with, to make sure that the material is CLEAR and ENGAGING!
4. Write scripts: create engaging scripts for animated videos. We use basic language, real examples, child-like explanations, storytelling, metaphors, salesy formulations, etc.
5. Work tightly with the team to improve our work, share new ideas, rules, tips, add something guidelines - meet daily, brainstorm, offer your opinion, share, discuss ideas!
- salary starting from $700-$1,000. More is possible if you’re very, very good at what you do
- 7h work shift + 1h of breaks
- Official employment, official on-card salary
- 28 paid vacation days, paid sick leave
- partially flexible schedule
- possibility for a 4 day office/1 day remotely in time (after 3-6 months), depending on circumstances
- occasional short-term remote work accommodation, when really needed
- Fun events (e.g. general knowledge quizzes with prizes)
- Genuinely happy and positive team, good atmosphere
- C1 Level of English minimum
- Personal interest in education & learning
- Enthusiastic about learning, new information, structuring it, teaching it
- Familiarity with computers and basic software and apps (e.g. gmail)
- Experience in education, sales or design is advantageous but not required