R Systems unlock the potential of your people and processes, partnering with you to create the digital workforce of the future so you can get the most out of your technology investments with our dedicated integrated software services, all while helping you maintain and automate operations, minimize this way the risk to your business outcomes.
Member company of R Systems Group, with 2,500+ experts worldwide and 25+ years of experience in technology and telecom, R Systems has delivered more than 1,000+ projects successfully, to more than 100 global clients such as Swisscom, Metaswitch, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Vodafone, Extreme Networks, Bango, T-Mobile and many more.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that the Continuous Integration/Continuous Development/Continuous Testing and all testing environments are operating correctly for use by local and nearshore development teams.
Why should you consider joining our team?
Well, we constantly adapt to the modern ways of working. If your professional development is a key focus, you’ll be glad to hear that we are sharp technology adopters. You’ll learn a lot from company-paid trainings, as well as from our experienced team and from our very diverse international projects. One of our colleagues’ favorite job perks is not getting bored even after 5 years with us!
Moreover, we are stubborn in doing things by the book – be it code writing & testing or employee treatment. Likeminded people will really appreciate this.
We are a charismatic bunch, so beware! You will experience that “I really want to go to work”feeling!
Here’s what you will do:
- Propagate the DevOps culture throughout the company
- Build Infrastructure as Code using Software Configuration Management Tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) for test environments
- Provide general support for used tools
- Manage CI/CD/CT pipelines based on Gitlab and Jenkins tools
- Manage virtual environments based on different virtualization tools (VMware, OpenStack)
- Manage containerized environments (Dockers, LXC, Containerd)
- Manage Kubernetes’s cluster (based on OpenShift)
- Analyze the team and user needs
- Prepare relevant technical documentation for the above responsibilities
- Create/improve documentation for troubleshooting
- Manage Helpdesk tickets for the above CI and virtualized environments
In the area of OpenStack and VMware environments:
- Operating, and maintaining the general health of, the OpenStack and VMware clouds used by the development teams – both proactively (through monitoring) and responding to issues raised by developers and testers
- Sharing information on the health of the systems, how to use them, best practice etc.
- Identifying where issues lie with the OpenStack and VMware platforms or the orchestration scripts deploying the products
- Identifying issues with test system integration into the overall network environment
- Identifying usage trends and potential capacity issues to optimize existing resources and as planning input for increased resources.
In the area of CI:
Assisting projects on the platform with CI scripts – the scripts triggered by code being checked into the codebase and that trigger the necessary build, test and publish operations
Monitoring the overall health of all the projects and identifying where optimizations may be required to their CI scripts
Providing improved dashboard capabilities to give the project stakeholders greater visibility into the performance of their scripts
Here’s what it takes to get here:
- Level of independence: act as an evangelizer of the specific area
- Experience: 3+ years
- Technical skills to operate and maintain private OpenStack and VMware clouds
- Good knowledge of Linux Operating System (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL)
- Good knowledge of public clouds and private clouds (OpenStack)
- Good knowledge of vCenter
- Good scripting skills (bash and python)
- Good knowledge of SCM tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Good knowledge of Version Control Systems (Gitlab, Git, Github)
- Good knowledge about System reliability, high-availability solutions
- Good knowledge about distributed file systems: GlusterFS, Ceph
- Good knowledge about relational databases and NoSQL databases
- GitLab CI pipelines
- Analytical skills to identify where problems are occurring and net down the nature of the problem
- Communication skills to discuss issues with testers and developers and to keep the overall team appraised of any system issues
- Good organizational, time and task management skills to prioritize work items
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills about new products and environments
- Problem solving skills
- Would be a plus: Icinga2 for monitoring, EqualLogic storage (iSCSI), Experience with ELK/Grafana
What’s in it for you:
- Supportive and flexible working climate, a very talented team and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performance
- Training, courses, and certification opportunities
- International projects with professional growth and travel opportunities
- Benefits package including medical insurance, flexible working environment, 3 sick days
- Excellent social benefits: sport events, team buildings, team events, parties, learns and meetups
- Central office location